My son is in the hospital

Just Tony

My son is in the hospital

Post by Just Tony »

So my son developed sepsis after developing pneumonia in rapid order about 4 weeks ago and has been in a PICU being treated with several different processes. After being on a ventilator to help him breathe, then being moved to an ECMO device which pumped his blood out, reoxygenated it, and pumped it back in, being put on dialysis because his body couldn't keep up with the process going and massive swelling, he's been progressing fairly fairly well up until the stroky had 6 days ago.

That sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

However, there is good news involved here:

IMG_20240406_211236.jpg
IMG_20240406_211236.jpg (219.75 KiB) Viewed 294 times

This is him with his arm around my wife, very much awake, and responding very well to treatment. This makes me happy. On another positive note, I get to take my frustration out by banning Russian spammers.
MorglumNeckSnapper

Re: My son is in the hospital

Post by MorglumNeckSnapper »

God bless him and your family.
Just Tony

Post by Just Tony »

Thank you. Current update is that they're going to start weaning him off of the vent so that he'll be breathing on his own
TinyLegions
Site Admin

Post by TinyLegions »

MorglumNeckSnapper wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:49 pm God bless him and your family.
Beat me to it, and my sentiments exactly. Sorry that you are dealing with this, and I hope that they can get your son healthy and in a full recovery. As far as the Russian bots, take down as many as you want.
Your Benevolent Dictator

The random musings of TinyLegions: https://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
Just Tony

Post by Just Tony »

Thank you, and MUA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! Those bastards are mine...