They've changed the bots

Just Tony

They've changed the bots

Post by Just Tony »

The Russian spam sites now are programming the bots to ask for the site administrator. Do they realize I can search their IP and find the history of spam attacks?
Kakapo42

Re: They've changed the bots

Post by Kakapo42 »

Maybe not now, but give them time. Before long they'll be making new bots that look human. Sweat, bad breath, everything - very hard to spot.

And then from there it's just a short step towards totally organic bots, immortal biological androids that feel and are programmed to believe they are human, virtually indistinguishable except for very careful genetic analysis or if you happen to run into two of them from the same identical model line.

So I dunno maybe set up a Voight-Kampff Captcha login or something in the future and be careful around glamorous statuesque programmers with a keen interest in the Classichammer site's central battle computer.
Please stop calling it "Middlehammer"

TinyLegions
Site Admin

Post by TinyLegions »

I got the security dialed up as high as I can make it with Pro-boards. I can see if there is an addon to make it more secure, but I don't know what they have or if it will work. I am starting to ban IP addresses which might hit them harder when I play "Wack-a-Spammer" on them. We do have way too many accounts that are inactive, and likely sleepers. I don't want to do it, but perhaps I need implement an policy where if you are inactive for one year, we de-activate your account in some way.
Your Benevolent Dictator

The random musings of TinyLegions: https://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
Just Tony

Post by Just Tony »

If you see a first name followed by either a 3 or 5 letter add on? Spam. Flat out guarantee. That's why I should have banned the Lithuanian bot. I knew better...