Does the Rain Lord spell from Lore of Life affect Skaven Jezzail Weapons?

mattyfenby

Does the Rain Lord spell from Lore of Life affect Skaven Jezzail Weapons?

Post by mattyfenby »

Title.

The spell (page 150 of the BRB) specifically talks about string weapons and gunpowder weapons. Are Jezzail teams classed as Gunpowder weapons? Technically, they are powered by warpstone and shoot magic lazer beams. Does being soaked affect this unit? Checked the FAQ in the app and I am not seeing anything. Do you guys recommend adopting the Revised Lores of Magic in the 2004 Book? Thanks very much to anyone who takes the time to read this and help.
Just Tony

Re: Does the Rain Lord spell from Lore of Life affect Skaven Jezzail Weapons?

Post by Just Tony »

I'm looking at the "cheat sheet" that GW had on their website that covered the 6th Ed. Magic along with a complete list of spells. The spell on that sheet simply states missile troops roll a 4, 5, or 6, and that black powder weapons roll a 6. No clarity whether it's a bow unit, a thrown weapon unit, or even Skink blowpipes.

And to me the Life spells are kind of a sidegrade. I'm comfy with either/or.
Alarantalara

Re: Does the Rain Lord spell from Lore of Life affect Skaven Jezzail Weapons?

Post by Alarantalara »

I don't see why the spell wouldn't affect Jezzails. The strings and ropes are given as examples, not as something exhaustive.

Jezzails are pretty tame compared to some ranged weapons though. How does being wet stop dragons and hydras from breathing fire/acid/poisonous gas? Or flamers of Tzeentch from generating magical flames? Also, the Pageant of Shrikes apparently refuse to fly if they get wet. Better not to have any exceptions, or every novel weapon will start the discussion all over again.

For extra arguments, how about a banshee howling? It's a ranged attack made in the shooting phase...

Regarding adopting the revised lores. I have not, but then the only one that comes up in the games I've played recently is Heavens, and the person using it is inexperienced enough that making the lore worse wouldn't help make the games more fun.