Dark Elf army complete!!!

Just Tony

Dark Elf army complete!!!

Post by Just Tony »

So it's been a long journey but I finally accomplished it. This has the caveat that I still have a chariot crewmember to paint up as it just got purchased, and I sorely want to get more Bolt Throwers in the fullness of time. But for now? All Dark Elf models are painted.
Dark Elves Full Army.jpeg
Dark Elves Full Army.jpeg (438.95 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
I'd like to start by showcasing the characters:
Dark Elves Characters.jpeg
Dark Elves Characters.jpeg (149.48 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
And if you've paid attention to me on here and abroad, you know I like Core heavy forces:
Dark Elves Core Units.jpeg
Dark Elves Core Units.jpeg (82.51 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
I also have enough Special units to force hard choices when listbuilding. Also, I noticed that I didn't clean up around the Harpy fangs. I'll get to it...
Dark Elves Special Units.jpeg
Dark Elves Special Units.jpeg (502.67 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
My sad section is my Rare units, which I sorely need to expand.
Dark Elves Rare Units.jpeg
Dark Elves Rare Units.jpeg (325.8 KiB) Viewed 4550 times

The story behind the color scheme revolves around the Warhammer Quest/Talisman Elven Ranger, who wound up in my High Elf army. Ashley, who painted the entire High Elf force, based the entire scheme around Legend of Zelda; specifically when Link gets the blue ring. The Ranger model was painted like Link specifically. The Dark Elf color scheme is themed around Link when he gets the red ring in Ganon's palace. Eventually I need to find that Ranger model again so I can add it to my Dark Elves painted like Link.
Jonathan E

Re: Dark Elf army complete!!!

Post by Jonathan E »

Looking good. Very retro.

Have you ever been tempted to put the Hydra on a longer base? I know it's not "stRicTLy RaW leEEGal" but it's not like you're getting that thing in base to base contact and facing the right way as-is anyway. I've taken to putting my monsters and chariots on bases which don't allow for any overhang; looks better and often doesn't mean a significant advantage for me (if anything, it opens up their flanks for charges - it's modelling for disadvantage, surely honourable?).
If you're wondering why I'm like this, give this a read.

It's not canon. It's not lore. It's fluff. It's marketing copy to sell toys. Don't take it more seriously than it deserves.

Just Tony

Post by Just Tony »

Truth be told? A chariot base might not be such a bad thing...
Hams Fan

Post by Hams Fan »

Incredible work! Is an army ever really finished though!? :D
Just Tony

Post by Just Tony »

Welcome to the board! And no, an army is never done...
Jimbo81

Post by Jimbo81 »

Awesome!