Khorne general power build?

Jimbo81

Khorne general power build?

Post by Jimbo81 »

What’s the net-list Khorne general power build?

I’m liking the blood weapon where you can regenerate wounds, the 4+ ward save (spawn if you flee) and enchanted shield.

Is there a better apex-predator build?

And better on a jugger or DM? Warhorse to join knights?
Dragon?
Jimbo81

Re: Khorne general power build?

Post by Jimbo81 »

Also: is there a way to take a lord and then pick another character as the general by boosting their leadership?
Ie: khorne lord (not the general but takes out the lord choice), another hero level character that takes a leadership item making them eligible as general?
Jimbo81

Post by Jimbo81 »

The build aim currently looking at is:
Chaos lord
Blade of blood
Enchanted shield
Gaze of the Gods
Helm of many eyes
Chaos steed

374 points…
0+/4+
Can regain wounds (unsaved wounds cause a strength test, if passed +1 wound, if failed, lose a wound. Can add wounds up to double base = 6 (or kill general…).
Just Tony

Post by Just Tony »

That's a pretty good build, and remember to mark the Knights so he can join them.

As for your second question? No. Only the General has a LD aura. So boosting a General is quite impossible.

However, here's food for thought: wouldn't an Exalted Champion be a better spend on points than a Lord, especially marked Khorne? With the points difference you could get a 20 man Marauder unit.
Jonathan E

Post by Jonathan E »

I'm a big fan of the humble Great Weapon on Chaos characters. S7 and the associated -4 save modifier will serve you well in the long run: you'll be wounding on twos a lot of the time, ignoring heavy infantry saves unless you're going into tanky Chosen or Ironbreakers, and it only takes one hit to remove a chariot or war machine from the field (handy if you need to charge the character out and hunt artillery pieces). I do like your regaining wounds trickery but I'd rather be a bit better at killing things in the first place.

You have correctly divined the unfortunate truth: no matter how cool Juggernauts are, the core rules of the game make multiple wound mounts a detriment to the rider's survival, and the simple barded horse nothing but bonuses to save, movement, and in a small way attacks. Something something Age of Sigmar did that right at least - if you buy it as a single kit it has a single profile, no more randomising/splitting/"oh I don't have a version of this guy on foot I guess I'll just use whatever from my dead pile" nonsense.
If you're wondering why I'm like this, give this a read.

It's not canon. It's not lore. It's fluff. It's marketing copy to sell toys. Don't take it more seriously than it deserves.