Teaching Report - Beastmen vs. Dwarfs 6th Ed. Battle Report

Just Tony

Teaching Report - Beastmen vs. Dwarfs 6th Ed. Battle Report

Post by Just Tony »

Originally posted on 2-1-2021

I have to add a caveat here that this Battle Report was typed up by my brother from his own notes. Normally I try to make my shorthand more flowery once I'm in here typing but I wasn't at this game so I can't actually do that here. So that said, here is my brother's bare bones extremely efficient battle report...

This was my niece’s first game with actual pint values. She was uncomfortable making a list, so I made both lists. This is basically a teaching battle where I gave her suggestions of what I would do throughout the battle. Niece is Beastmen and I am dwarfs.
Beastmen List.jpg
Beastmen List.jpg (194.33 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Dwarf list.jpg
Dwarf list.jpg (158.68 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Field Of Battle.jpg
Field Of Battle.jpg (54.62 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Dwarfs won choice of side and beast chose to deploy second. Beasts kept one unit in ambush and chose to go first.
TeachingDeployment.jpg
TeachingDeployment.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Brayshaman’s two spells are Bear’s anger and Enrapturing Spasms (Slaanesh)

BT1- Everything moves forward full. Brayshaman casts irresistible force with Slaanesh spell, but out of range.

DT1- Nonshooty Dwarfs move forward about half. Slayers move full speed to the right toward the giant.

Organ gun causes four wounds on minotaur unit, killing one. Thunderers take one wound off of left minotaur unit.
TeachingT1D.jpg
TeachingT1D.jpg (62.95 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Cannon causes two wounds on giant.

BT2- No chargers. Everything moves forward full or slows just out of dwarf charge range. Giant turns and goes back other direction of terrain (smart move as the slayers aren’t as nimble).

Ambush unit emerges directly behind battle line.
TeachingT2B.jpg
TeachingT2B.jpg (61.29 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Brayshaman casts Slaanesh spell successfully, but it is dispelled.

DT2- Slayers turn back around for Giant, but lost a lot of ground. Rangers move three inches forward to throw their axes. Rangers kill two ungors.

Cannon kills one ungor as bad artillery rolls leave shot short of giant.
Organ gun causes three wounds and kills a minotaur. Minotaurs pass Panic check.

BT3- Herd charges thunderers. Stand and shoot kills ZERO. Minotaurs charge warriors and Fear is passed. Herd charges warriors and warriors hold. Giant charges rangers. Terror failed and rangers caught and wiped out. Warriors pass panic from rangers. Minotaurs charge organ gun.

Magic- Bear’s Anger with irresistible force.

Combat- Herd kills all but one thunderer. Thunderers flee off the board (basically I pulled it off the board). Herd pursues 8.

Minotaurs kill 3 warriors and BSB. Warriors still win with Musician tiebreaker. Minotaurs pass break-check.

Herd Ambush Sandwich. Wargor challenges. Thane kills Wargor. Dwarfs lose combat by 4, fail break-test and are caught and wiped out. Ambush unit passes test to restrain.
Organ gun crew killed by minotaurs.

DT3- Slayers charge giant.

Cannon grapeshot on herd, kills 4. Herd panics and flees 8.

Slayers cause 3 wounds on giant. Giant yells and bawls. Combat holds.
Warriors kill the 1 wound minotaur. Minotaurs kill 5 warriors. Dwarfs flee 2 inches and are caught.

BT4- Two herds charge into Slayer/giant combat.
Panicked herd rallies. Left Minotaurs move toward cannon. Right minotaurs move toward slayers.
TeachingT4B.jpg
TeachingT4B.jpg (95.02 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Brayshaman miscasts. Magic phase ends on a roll of 9 on the chart.

Herds whiff 18 attacks. Kill 1 slayer. Slayers kill final wound on giant. Combat holds.

DT4- Cannon thuds into ground when trying to shoot minotaurs.

Herd kills 5 slayers. Slayers kill 2 beastmen. Combat holds.

BT5- Left Minotaurs charge cannon, flee but not caught. Right minotaurs charge slayers. Left herd moves toward slayers.
TeachingT5B.jpg
TeachingT5B.jpg (59.02 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
All Slayers killed. Game is called. Absolute massacre.