· Guests Online: 2

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 206
· Newest Member: checkvilMon
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » Rules Development
Propose to Make the "Insane Courage Rule" from the 7th edition of Warhammer Fantasy a recomended house rule.
Approve Approve 100%[7 Votes]
Disapprove Disapprove 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
Insane Courage Poll
TinyLegions
For those who don't have a 7th edition rulebook handy here is the following rule from the 7th edition BRB as quoted:

INSANE COURAGE!
Occasionally, in the middle of a battle, the humblest regiment can be filled with steely courage and discipline and decide to stand their ground, no matter the odds! Such unpredictable occurrences are represented in the game by in Insane Courage Rule. This simply means that if a unit rolls a double 1 for its Break test, it will always stand its ground, regardless of how badly they have lost the fight.

General Interpretation:

The interpretation is that any unit does not break from combat assuming that they roll double 1's (aka snake eyes) during their break test. This reduces the effectiveness of auto-breaking units, and allows a remote chance of units to stand up against other over the top units that can rack up the kind of combat resolution to make for an auto-break in the 6th edition.

Just Tony
I'm totally on board with that.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

nurglesmom
As an old VC player I'm obviously pretty familiar with auto-breaking units and the effects such activities can have upon ones social popularity and physical well-being, so giving the opponent a small chance to stand fast sounds good to me. It seems very minor though, rolling two 1's to prevent it, that won't happen very often. I've only played very little of 7th edition though, so maybe this rule has a bigger impact than I realise?

Just Tony
Well, the only time it'd come into play is if you outnumbered your opponents, so maybe a 6th of a time. That's at least a last minute save, and while it doesn't break fear it doesn't leave fear absolute.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

snyggejygge
I like it, seems a lot of people do, they even introduced it in Kings of War!
Itīs a small chance, but it does give you some very cool moments in gaming, 1 brave lad facing a horde of zombies, but fighting til the end.

Just Tony
I look at it like a speed bump more than a nerf, and that's why I like it.

MasterSpark
We've always used this rule and similar ones, such as rolling two 6s to make an irresistible dispel. Having these kind of outside chances to turn things around is always fun.

TinyLegions
MasterSpark wrote:

We've always used this rule and similar ones, such as rolling two 6s to make an irresistible dispel. Having these kind of outside chances to turn things around is always fun.

I need to review the rules, but I think that it is in the 6th edition already as a rule. As a dwarf player I tend to keep close eye on dispel rules. If not, guess what our next rule is going to be.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

HidaSeku
I like the insane courage rule... even if I did have an opponent roll three of them in a row this one game in a 7th edition tournament! (I lost that game, in case you're curious Frown)

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.